Pages

Is the Playbook everything I want iPad 2 to be?

I got an iPad for Christmas. I took it back. My reason was obvious and logical: I am waiting for the next one. This mythical next one is supposedly launching March 15th. But that is completely unofficial and just based on the cycle of other Apple products. Still, it was good enough for me. I want a camera. I want to use FaceTime. I want a better screen and more storage in a lighter, more powerful package. Too much to ask for iPad 2? Maybe. But it is right on par with Blackberry's first edition of the Playbook.


This isn't the first time I've seen a demo on the Playbook. But it is the first time I've seen a product demo so close to launch with what I describe as 'in-the-moment' testing. Who knows how many takes this Jeff guy took, but it looks unedited and real, and so does the 'bar stamp' on his hand as he takes us through the features. Nice touch.

So as I wait and wait and wait for iPad 2 to come and out almost certainly let down my high expectations, I get closer and closer and closer to getting everything I want right now in the Playbook.

What do you think? Should I wait or buy a Playbook? ~ p

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks somewhat edited to me. Look from 2:30 on to 3:00, and you will see that when the camera is close up, he is in the menu where he switches apps. From farther away shots, he's still in the app. Still, an impressive video imo.