Pages

Next Pads to the Party: Blackberry 'SurfBook', Samsung Galaxy

Hold on to your iPad. The Tablet revolution has only begun. So, yeah, I don’t have an iPad. This was a conscious decision. Sure, I’m not going to lie. I wanted one. But now, I’m waiting. In the next two months, we are going to see a flood of Pad/Tab devices hit the market. Here are nine Pads listed by Mashable that we can expect in the next year or so, but this list could actually be in the high teens. It doesn’t even include Blackberry’s device, which has been given lots of buzz on the street with the name ‘BlackPad’. But, as engadget reported earlier today, it might actually come to market with the name ‘SurfBook’, as RIM has filed that trademark in Canada (image above).


Another device making waves today is the Galaxy Tab by Samsung. Pumping up their marketing machine ahead of launch, the video (above) shows off some of its functionality. The two key features that are unique in a current market of one (iPad), are the video chat and Flash compatibility. More importantly, I just wrote ‘Flash’ and Steve Jobs didn’t mystically appear and wipe out my hard-drive. Cool. ~ p

No comments: