Pages

I Hate Shopping. But I Love this Shopping App.

Here’s the thing. I don’t like shopping. I’m a ‘know what I want before I get there, get it quickly and run the other way’ kind of shopper. Sometimes, though, I am pulled into a shopping bonanza with my sister or my mom. Plus, there is always my once-a-year power-shop in the 24 hours before December 25th. As much as I hate shopping…I can’t completely avoid it. But now, at least my pain and suffering has a kickback.

With a new loyalty app called ‘ShopKick’, I can get relevant offers and earn points to redeem for cool stuff…just for walking into a store. That’s right, you don’t need to buy anything – just walk in. So whether I’m running in to grab something, or I’ve been dragged along with someone else, I will get rewarded. Oh yeah, and if you actually like to shop and do so frequently, this is probably the coolest thing ever.

ShopKick is still in its infancy, and admit they have ‘a lot of work to do,' but they already have some big brands signed on, like Best Buy, Macy’s, and American Eagle. Their founders/employees also seem to have great creds in the mobile space. With enough buzz, this could be a company to look out for. ~ p

No comments: